, an 8 facts meme:
Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
Don't forget to leave them a comment telling them they're tagged, and to read your blog.
8 Interesting Things
1. I am an amateur genealogist. I know the names of some of my great-great-great-great-great-great-
great-great-great-great-grandparents, who were born in the 1500's. My ancestors lived in England, Wales, Germany, Alsace, Switzerland, Sicily, and who knows where else.
2. I am an Eagle Scout.
3. My brother used to chase me up stairs, making a high-pitched barking noise; to this day I'm a little nervous having someone follow me upstairs, and that goes triple when it's him.
4. I submitted a short story to Asimov's Science Fiction Magazine when I was a senior in high school. It was summarily rejected, a wise decision on their part. :) I did a fair amount of fiction writing in high school, and am rather sad that I don't do as much now: my taste has outgrown my abilities.
5. My dad has a large LP collection, which combined with a good memory for music and lyrics means that I have a sometimes-freakish ability (for a non-aficionado) to recognize music from the 60s and the 70s. Mind you, I rarely know who the performers were.
6. I wrote a walking tour of Easton, Pennsylvania, which was published as a booklet and distributed through the local historical society. (I was a big fan of local history where I grew up.)
7. There are 22 webcomics that I read regularly.
8. I can't swim: the water pressure makes me panic because it's harder to breathe. I know the strokes and can get around in a pool, but I stay out of places where I can't touch bottom.